- This event has passed.
NISSAN TRAILSEEKER WESTERN CAPE TULBAGH #TRAILSEEKERWC1
Discover the historical town of Tulbagh nestled between the Witzenberg and Winterhoek Mountain ranges approximately one hour from Cape Town. This valley of abundance is one of the Cape’s most scenic weekend destinations, with picturesque views of majestic mountains and vineyards, orchards and olive groves.
The first leg of the Nissan TrailSeeker Western Cape Series invites riders to explore this area of serene beauty at its first leg for 2017, happening on 29 April.
The routes will mix old classics and brand new trails few have ridden before. Routes will be challenging enough for die-hard racers, but friendly enough for the average person to still have fun and ensure good day out on the mountain bike. Riders can choose between 10km, 20km, 40km or 70km options. This is a fun and family friendly event, with something for everyone to enjoy. Tulbagh is an excellent base from which to explore the Cape Winelands and surrounding areas for those who want to enjoy the day off the bike. Riders and spectators can look forward to all the features that make the series so popular – a beer garden, food court, massages, expo- and club areas, child minding facility, bike wash, well-stocked water points, top medical services with a doctor on site, and much more
VENUE: Saronsberg Cellars, Tulbagh, Western Cape
GPS LOCATION: 33°14’36.5″S 19°06’51.8″E
VENUE ELEVATION: 180m above sea level
FEATURES: Hand Built Trails | Bridges | Natural paths | 4 x 4 Trails | Dirt Roads
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
Food Court – Get some great food from the food area with a good variety on offer.
Expo Area – See the latest in the biking world on offer, and chat about the latest gadgets & trends.
Club Area – Get your club to come to the event and represent them on the day.
Child Minding Facility – We provide a child minding facility with Free entry with upgrade options on offering. Jumping castle and other entertainment!
Waterpoints – Well stocked waterpoints, stocked with water, Biogen energy drink.
Medical Services – Top medical services are provided with a doctor on site.
Prize Money – Equal prize money across all distances and categories.
07:45 Riders Briefing
08:00 Start Marathon
08:40 Start Half-Marathon
09:00 Start Fun Race
09:15 Start Fun Ride
12:00 Prize Giving
From Cape Town via Wellington
- Take the N1, northbound, from Cape Town towards Paarl.
- Exit N1 at the (R44) Wellington “Agter Paarl/Klapmuts” off ramp.
- Turn left at first junction towards Wellington.
- Continue on R44 towards Wellington. Straight ahead at 4 way stop.
- After +/- 5km’s turn left at a set of traffic lights into Distillery Road – this is a continuation of R44.
- Continue on R44 towards Hermon, Ceres and Porterville.
- 5 km after passing through Nuwe Kloof Pass turn left sign posted Tulbagh.
- Continue until reaching a T-junction stop.
- Turn left into main road (becomes Station Road
- Turn left at the first cross street (1,5km
- Travel for 2.9km and turn left (just past Montpellier wine Estate)
- Travel for 3.5km