BUNDU BASH #TRAILSEEKERGP2
Just north of Pretoria close to Roodeplaat dam, lies a bushveld haven filled with trails made up of farm roads, cattle paths, dual tracks and strategically designed single track for mountain bikers and the NISSAN TrailSeeker event. The terrain is hard and rocky amongst the grasslands but does boast some rivers and canals. Wildlife can often be seen on these routes, so keep an eye out for some buck species. The routes form part of the popular Buffelsdrift MTB Park.
VENUE: Arc Roodeplaat, North of Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
TERRAIN: Farm Lands | Arid | Savanna | Rocky
ELEVATION: 1165m above sea level
FEATURES: Hand Built Trails | Bridges | Cattle Track | 4 x 4 Trails | Dirt Roads
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
Bavaria Beer Garden – Replenish those lost fluids with refreshing drinks on offer.
Food Court – Get some great food from the food area with a good variety on offer.
Massages – get those legs feeling new and recovered from the ride.
Expo Area – See the latest in the biking world on offer, and chat about the latest gadgets & trends.
Club Area – Get your club to come to the event and represent them on the day.
Child Minding Facility – Montagu provides a child minding facility with Free entry with upgrade options on offering. Jumping castle and other entertainment!
Bike wash – Mud Buster will look after your bike and have it looking like new!
Waterpoints – Well stocked waterpoints, stocked with water, Biogen energy drink and Montagu treats.
Medical Services – Top medical services are provided with a doctor on site.
07:15 Riders Briefing
07:30 Start Marathon
09:00 Start Half-Marathon
10:00 Start Fun Race
10:20 Start Fun Ride
10:50 Winner of the Fun Ride Expected
11:00 Winner of the Fun Race Expected
10:40 Winner of the 1/2 Marathon Expected
10:05 Winner of the Marathon Expected
12:00 Prize Giving
- Travel on the N1 North towards Pretoria past the N4 turn off travel till the R513/Zambesi exit
- Take exit 152 for R513/Zambesi Drive, travel for 0.9 km Turn right onto Zambesi Dr towards Cullinan
- Travel for 1.2 km then turn left onto the R573, drive for 11.5 km, Turn left onto the ARC Roodeplaat grounds
- From Pretoria, take the N4 towards Witbank, merge onto N1/N4 via the slip road North to Polokwane/Rustenburg
- Past the N4 turn off travel till the R513/Zambesi exit, take exit 152 for R513/Zambesi Drive
- Travel for 0.9 km Turn right onto Zambesi Dr towards Cullinan, travel for 1.2 km then turn left onto the R573
- Drive for 11.5 km, Turn left onto the ARC Roodeplaat grounds